Tuesday 12 December 2006

Tutorials....

This week we had our first lot of tutorials...... and there are a few things that I need to work on. I think I need to brush up a bit on methodology and develop my own style... which I don't have much of at the moment.

Hopefully that should lead my classes to be somewhat more effective - So that's a big load of teaching theory reading I need to do over Christmas.

Apart from that, the biggest thing we looked at today were ILPs - and the discussions which revolve around them. There really does seem to very little in terms of help with the practical problems around applying them - there's plenty of good theory around, but I really haven't seen anyone who can use them effectively. It's a big problem at work, so I'll feed in what I've found out and read and see if it helps. I get the feeling from Tower Hamlets that because they do such a detailed diagnostic, which clearly informs their planning the ILP becomes less relevant, but I need to find out more.

Anyway, I have to leave this now, as it's getting really late.

No comments: